Eligibility and Criteria
APC WNSP and GKP Gender
and ICT Awards Focus
2007 Gender and ICT
Award focus will be announced in 2006.
The focus of the 2005 Awards
was on ICT initiatives that promote womens economic
empowerment as it relates to development in Asia.
Economic empowerment was seen in terms
- overcoming marginalisation, oppressive social norms,
and inadequate support and responsibility from governments
in terms of access & rights to resources & making
- offering women choice and opportunity,
- encouraging women to fulfil their potentials;
- giving voice and capability to counter their seeming
ICT-related development is defined not
only as it relates to income or material deprivation but
as resolving basic needs of the community and promoting
social networking through ICT intervention.The focus is
not on the technology itself but in looking at the practical
gender and strategic application by women to address their
local needs and the specificity of their situations.
Read the full details of 2005
eligibility and criteria.
The focus of the 2003 Gender
and ICT Awards was on advocacy, networking and strategic
use, at the local and broad, multi-stakeholder level, celebrating
initiatives worldwide. The 2003 Award followed these criteria:
- Strategic use of ICTs
- Mobilising Awareness and Participation or Building
- Contributing Significantly to the Promotion of Gender
Equality and/or Women’s Empowerment
Read the full details of
2003 eligibility and criteria.